What are the differences between triple-screw extruders and twin-screw? Its failure should be analyzed like this!
What are the differences between a three-screw extruder and a twin-screw extruder?
1. The principle of the twin-screw extruder is to install a solid screw in two seamless steel pipes, one of which is left-handed and the other is right-handed. When working, the two spirals rotate through a pair of gears at the shaft extension position. Due to the rotation of the spirals, the material moves axially, so as to achieve the purpose of conveying.
2. The generation of the thread end curve of the fully meshed three-screw granulator is based on the twin-screw related theory. Since the generation principles of the end surface curves of the threaded elements of the two screws rotating in the same direction and in different directions are completely different, it is impossible for one screw to satisfy the two tooth profile formation principles at the same time.
3. Therefore, the three screws arranged in a fully meshing triangle must rotate in the same direction, and the number of thread starts must be odd, odd, or three, not double. The three screws are arranged in an equilateral triangle, which is easy to ensure the processing and assembly accuracy of the three screws from the geometrical relationship.
How to analyze the failure of the three-screw extruder?
1. The screw runs abnormally
Reasons: The feed into the silo is not continuous; the feed port is blocked or bridged by impurities; solid metal objects fall into the spiral groove, blocking the spiral groove, and cannot be fed normally.
Solution: increase the feeding rate of the three-screw extruder to keep the feeding stable; eliminate the impurities at the feeding port and eliminate the bridging situation; if it is confirmed that the metal material impurities fall into the spiral groove, stop the equipment immediately and disassemble the screw Formula to eliminate metal material impurities.
2. Vent material
Reason: The raw materials are mixed with a lot of impurities, the feed rate of the three-screw extruder is too fast, and the screw extrusion is unstable. Due to the unstable screw extrusion, the melting temperature is not enough.
Solution: Clean the raw material or replace the filter screen before feeding; reduce the feeding rate to make the melt-stable screw extrude smoothly; increase the melting temperature of the three-screw extruder.
3. The main chassis will not rotate or stop the operation of the equipment instantly
Reason: The switch power supply of the main motor of the three-screw extruder is not connected; the heating time is not long enough, or one of the heaters is not running, resulting in excessive torque and overload of the motor.
Solution: Check whether the circuit of the main box of the three-screw extruder is connected, check the temperature display of each section, confirm the warm-up time of the machine, and check whether each heater is damaged or not in good contact.
The above is the introduction of the knowledge about the three-screw extruder. After reading the entire article, if you have any doubts, you can contact our professional TENGDA Plastic Extruder Machine Manufacturers!
TENGDA is the unique producer of Application and related products.
Nanjing Tengda Machinery Co., Ltd. is working with the best teams, aligned with international standards and practices to focus on R&D and manufacture of products, and are continuously launching new products in the market. Get to know us at TENGDA Extruder Machine Manufacturers.
Application has its grasp on oversees market also and has a very good repute.
Nanjing Tengda Machinery Co., Ltd. is a new company that provides expertise in search marketing solutions for business on a worldwide basis.